Jan 13, 2023
In this episode:
- Secure Act 2.0 has passed enhancing many retirement savings
opportunities such as:
- New employees must be automatically enrolled in company savings
plans, unless they opt out.
- There are new Catch-Up Contribution rules.
- The Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) has increased.
- Part-time employees are eligible to enroll in company saving
- Employers may provide retirement saving contributions to match
what an employee is paying in student loan debt.
- Unused 529 Plan funds may be rolled into a Roth IRA.
- The rules for electronic vehicle credits.
- The solar panel credit was extended.
- Bonus Depreciation drops to 80% in 2023.
- New mileage rates for 2023.
We are joined by Trey Wallace, of Pratt Insurance in Smyrna,
DE. We hear how Pratt has lasted to be 143 years old, common
insurance issues that small businesses overlook, and how global
disasters impact our community.